Scooter Cooks with Laurey Masterton
Beef Ribs with Honey
1 cup tamari
1/2 cup honey (sage, if available)
4 garlic cloves
2 lbs beef ribs
1 lemon Small (Meyer lemon if available)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees
2. Combine tamari, honey and garlic in a saucepan. Bring to boil and turn to dimmer. Cook 5 minutes on low. Watch to make sure sauce doesn’t burn. Remove from stove and let it cool to room temperature.
3. Meanwhile, place ribs in a deep baking pan. Add 1cup water or just enough to cover bottom of pan. Cover pan with foil and bake ribs for 45 minutes.
4. Drain water from pan and brush marinade on the ribs. Baste frequently. Bake for 30 minutes uncovered or longer until cooked.
5. Squeeze lemon over ribs just before serving.
Save leftovers for next recipe!
1. Take leftover ribs from refrigerator and cut meat from bones.
2. Drip pan juices on small slider buns.
3. Place chopped beef on bun.
Recipes from Laurey Masterton
The Fresh Honey CookbookI ©2013 by Laurey Masterton
Laurey’s Comfort Food and Catering in Asheville, NC
Special thanks to Lisa Ekus, Heather and Lucinda Masterton