Flaky dough (Homemade or store bought)
Filling of choice: hamburger, chicken, vegetables
May add hardboiled eggs, chopped olives, etc.
Salt, Pepper or any other spices you like
Scooter loves cheeseburgers, so this one will be for a cheeseburger empanada
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Chop onion very small and add hamburger. Cook until hamburger is done and crumbled. Add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Cut dough into 5” rounds
4. Place chopped hardboiled egg, a few slices of green olives and the meat mixture on dough.
5. Dampen fingers with water and run around edge of dough. Fold and crimp edges.
6. Bake on cookie sheet at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
Save leftover fillings for the next recipes!
Crepes: Savory or Dessert
1 cup buckwheat flour
1 cup water
You may use any filling you like, leftovers or fresh such as berries and/or chocolate.
1. For batter, mix buckwheat flour, water and egg. Beat together by hand to make batter.
2. Grease a hot skillet with a little olive oil.
3. Spread 3/4 ounce of batter in pan and cook to make crepe.
4. Use any filling you like, fold like an envelope and slide onto a plate.
Optional: A touch of whipped cream is a nice
finishing touch for any dessert crepe.
Special thanks to Cecilia Marchesini
Cecilia’s Kitchen in Asheville,